Monday, February 16, 2009

My Grandma Turns Octogenarian


Born to Luciano Pacturan Y Abecia and Filomena Sabuero Y Navarro , my grandmother, Jovita Pacturan Y Sabuero Viuda de Udasco, was born eighty years ago on a beautiful February 15 day.

February 15, 2009 was a very special day to Lola Obing for she turned sweet eighty! Everybody in the family was excited and prepared a simple but happy celebration on her birthday.

We put some food on the table. Yum! And the birthday cake! I and my sister Cherry took off to a bakeshop to order a cake two nights before Lola Obing's big day. Well. age is just a number. It's really your heart that remains young all your life. I thought a Disney themed birthday cake would be perfect for a young at heart. So I picked up the Disney Princesses cake. Lovely, said everyone when they saw the cake!

The party started well over lunch-time. But it went great. The food were superb. Humba, Spaghetti, Pancit, Lechong Manok, and some softdrinks here and there. Picture taking and a handy cam for the record.

A good uncle who hailed from far, completed my Lola's birthday celebration.

Personally, I thank God for blessing my Lola Obing with her 80'th year on this world. And hoping and praying for a few more years to celebrate her birthdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment